After church in KL last Sunday, one of the Malaysian pastors asked me: "After so many years in ministry what is THE TOP LIFE LESSON you have learned?"
I can't remember how I answered that question on the spot, but I thought about it the rest of the day, and while I was unable to come up with one top life lesson, I did think of five:
1. Live a CHRIST-CENTERED life not church-centered life.
2. Our job is to MAKE DISCIPLES (build people) not build a church or ministry.
3. Priorities should be FAMILY FIRST then ministry.
4. BE GENEROUS all the time - especially to staff, missionaries and the poor.
5. FORGIVE everyone - especially friends, family and enemies.